Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 4, 2013


Family!!!!  I miss you guys like crazy!!!  I hope it is starting to get warmer there, cuz I am definitely sweating more than I have ever sweat in my life! haha it is incredibly hot here!  I am glad that the sickness is going away too!  It sounds like you all had a great week too.  That is awesome that Morg and BB stopped by for a little while!!  I know how much you guys love them and how much they love all you guys!  Tell them I love them both!!!

So this week, Elder Val got transfered, and on Wednesday, my new companion Elder Hunt got here.  He is such an awesome kid!  He is from Texas and went to BYU for a year!  We joke around a lot, and I feel like we will become great friends!!  I found out this weekend that I wont be transfered anymore!  So I will get to stay in Itajai for 5 or so more weeks :)  I am super excited about that cuz I love the people that I have met here.

So Thursday, I went to the doctor cuz, not gonna lie, I have had diarrea for a little while now! hahaha so I decided to go get it checked.  The doctor's office is so slow here, and we were there for 5 and a half hours.  It was terrible.  I finally got in and got checked and they said I had an Intestinal Infection.  They gave me some medicine and now I am back to 100%.  So dont worry, my sickness is completely gone!!!

On Friday, I showed the area to Elder Hunt a lot.  We didnt meet with too many people, cuz he needs to learn where everything is and where the people live.  This next week we have plans to meet with Adrianna and Leonardo.  There is a sticky situation with them right now, so if we dont get them baptized on Saturday, we will baptize them on the 16th hopefully.  We will also meet with Marcelo, and we have some new investigators to meet with.  I am excited to work with Elder Hunt.  I feel like we will be able to do some good work together.

So funny story:  On Saturday in English class, it was this guy Christiano's birthday.  We decided to write the lyrics on the board for the Happy Birthday song and to teach it to the class and to sing to him.  But you know me, I like to joke around a lot and mess with people a little bit, and Elder Hunt is down for it too! haha so we told the class that in the states, we dont just sing Happy Birthday, but we dance to it too.  We told them that it is different in every state.  So Elder Hunt taught the class the "Happy Birthday Dance" that they do in Texas, and I taught them the one we do in Utah. haha we made up these fake dance moves on the spot and half the class did the "Texas Happy Birthday Dance" and the other half did the "Utah Happy Birthday Dance" while we sang to Christiano! hahaha it turned out to be so funny!  I sent the video of it, so put it on FB and explain the story.  I hope it makes sense.  Afterwards we told them it was a joke, but they thought it was hilarious!

Well, I love you all and I am excited for this first full week with Elder Hunt!  I am doing great, I am happy, I am eating a lot and meeting lots of new people!!!  I love you all and tell Morg that I love her too!!  I will talk to you in a week!

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment