Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013


FAMILY!!!!  I miss you guys like crazy!!!  I am sorry about all the sickness at home this week.  I hope that everything is going well.  So Elder Val is being transferred  and I will stay here one week to show my new companion the area, and then I will be transferred next Monday or Tuesday.  Not sure where too yet, but I will know next week.  Val leaves in a couple hours.

This week was really good tho!  We worked really hard and taught a good amount of lessons. We met with Adrianna and Leonardo and set up a baptism date with them for February 9th.  It sucks that we wont be here for it, but I am super excited for them!  It felt good to be able to help people come to baptism.  They are great people.

We also met with Marcelo again this week.  We taught him about the Restoration of the gospel and Joseph Smith.  It went well, and then we invited him to be baptized.  He said that he was already baptized in the Baptist church and didnt understand why he needed to be baptized again.  So we taught him the importance of the Priesthood.  We invited him to pray about baptism and then to come to church.  He didnt come to church yesterday so that was kinda frustrating.  But we are doing our part.

This week, we didnt have a ton of appointments marked, so that means making contacts.  We decided to give a tour of the chapel, cuz it is on a busy street and it is a very beautiful chapel.  We stood out front and talked to about 50 people.  A lot of people wouldnt give us the time of day.  Others said they were too busy.  One guy even faked a phone call! haha so ridiculous.  But we were able to give 3 different tours and talk about the church.  It went really well!

I am sad to leave Itajai, but I am looking forward to the work in whatever area I am sent to.  We had a good week here, and we will leave the new elders with some stuff to work with.  I love you all and I will email you next week!!!  Tell Morgan that I love her too!  Also, shout out to T-Flow for his baptism this week.  What a STUD!!!  I love you guys and I hope you all have a great week!!

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment