Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013


FAMILY!!!!  I hope you are all doing great!!!  This week was a stressful one!!!  Monday I headed to Floripa and spent two nights there!  It was so cool!  It is such a pretty island and I got to hang out with a bunch of the other missionaries.  Then we got assigned to our companions who were fresh off the plane from Sao Paulo.  My new companion is Elder Lima and he is from Mato Grosso.  He is a super cool kid!  Right now I am living with 3 other Brasilians!  I have never spoken so much Portuguese in my life! hahah.

We got to Biguaçu and had absolutely nothing to work with.  This week we did a lot of contacts and got to know the area.  We werent able to find much success, cuz a lot of the people here arent very open.  We have found a few people to teach this week, so I hope that everything goes well with them.  We will do a lot more contacts this week and try to find people interested in the gospel.  It is super stressful, but it is slowly coming along.

They have just a branch here, with about 50 members who go each week.  Our goal is to help turn it into a ward.  On Sunday we got to meet everyone.  We all bore our testimonies and introduced ourselves.  The members here are really great!  I am excited to work with them, I just need to be patient with getting the work going.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!  Tell Morg that I love her too!  And Aust, CONGRATS on making SBO!!!  I am so proud of you bro!  You are gonna love it!!!

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment