Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Letter from Landon - 10/23/2012


FAMILY!!!!  I miss you guys like crazy!!!  I loved the picture of you all dressed up in Halloween costumes :)  haha one Elder walked by as I was looking at it and while pointing at Morgan said, "dang!  Who is that?" haha So Morgan keep the guys away from you while you are dressed up as Superman for the HOWL!!  You all looked way good, I wish I could have been there with you guys!

This week was good, but was pretty uneventful! haha I can't wait to get to Florianopolis!!!  ONLY 2 MORE WEEKS!!!  How crazy is that??  I am so ready to get out of the MTC and to teach real people and to bless their lives with this wonderful gospel.  I do like the MTC a lot tho!  I have met some really great friends!  My friend Elder Jensen left for his mission yesterday.  He is the one the will live with me AND Austin up at Utah State after the mish!

So we taught a fake investigator this week named Igor.  I felt the spirit in this lesson so strong, and he isn't even real! haha.  His situation is that he doesn't believe in God because of some things that have gone wrong in his life when he did believe in God.  It was tough to hear all of this and tough to respond, but me and Naugle are trying to help him as best as we can.  Our Portugues was really good in the lesson, and I am continuing to get better.  I have been workin hard, and I'm gonna give it my all these last two weeks.  Today at a store, we talked to an Asian lady about the BOM for just a sec.  She has one in Chinese and in Portugues. She has only read a little, but it was just nice to talk to her a little to prepare me for PROSELYTING on Monday!  I can't wait!

The Book of Mormon is amazing.  I ho[pe you have all started to read it and been reading it regularly!  I promise it will bring you an extra strength in your everyday life, as it has for me!  I am to Alma 33.  I've been flyin through it and I've been learning so much more!  I plan to finish it next month and then to start in Portugues.  

So every week we have this thing called TRC where we have to teach other elders as investigators with a certain story to them.  Now, since we are some of the oldest elders here, we get to be investigators.  It is really fun!  I also feel great about my Portugues cuz the people teaching us are only week 3 or 4! haha.  

I love my companion Elder Naugle.  He has been such a great blessing in my life.  I am so glad to have met him and to have met so many great people here.  I'm doing great and I love you all!!!  I got a letter from Grandma and Grandpa and it was great!  Tell them thank you!  Also, from now on with letters, send them to my mission home address.  You guys should have that address :)

Love,

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment