Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Letter from Landon 10/9/2012


FAMILY!!!  Holy cow it has already been another week!  It is so crazy!  We had our half-way interviews on Sunday and it was fantastic.  I really like my Branch president, President Wilkinson.  He is a former judge so he is super intimidating, but he is such a nice guy!  He has been to Florianopolis almost 15 times and he said that if he had to live in a place outside of the US it would be Floripa!  I can't wait to get there!

Conference weekend was awesome!!!  I loved every second of it.  I did miss you guys tho, and I missed not being able to play m&m bingo and look for Aunt Jerrie with you all.  The talks were so excellent!  I loved everything about them.   Here are some of my favorite quotes from conference:

1) Become the Person God intended for us to become. - Uchtdorf
2) It's not a race, it's a journey.  Enjoy the moment.  Don't be so focused on the finish line and focus on the NOW! - Uchtdorf.  Love that!
3) Not expected to be perfect but striving for it. - Robert C. Gay
4) God is mindful of each and every one of us and will not forsaken us. - Gay
5) No blessing will be withhelde as you keep faith in Jesus Christ. - Anderson
6) In whatever you choose, it's essential that you become profficient. - Christofferson
7) A man is never taller than when he is on his knees. - Perkins.  Possibly my favorite quote from all of conference.
8) Nobody is destined to fail. - Eyring
9) All things are fulfilled by FAITH!- Nash
10) Fear not, I hvae overcome the world. - John 16:33 - Monson.

Such a great conference!  I took nearly 13 pages of notes! hahah I loved it.  And about the new age thing, that is absolutely crazy!  I know that Morgan was thinking about going on one now.  You guys should tell her she should.  She would make an amazing missionary and would bless so many lives.  I know she would do great out there!  And Aust, you could possibly go at 18!  that's insane.  I was looking forward to our year at USU together tho, but let me know when you are thinking of leaving and what your plans are.  And start preparing now.  It's never too early to prepare to serve a mission :)

Not too much happened this week.  We taught another fake investigator and we were able to teach the whole first lesson in Portugues without any notes.  It was super cool!  The language is coming but it is still pretty tough.  I'll learn it will God's help tho!  Also, I started reading th BOM aagain, just in English.  I started on the 4th of this month, and I'm already through first Nephi!  It is so great.  I love the BOM.  I love learning new things each time I read it.  I encourage you all to read it often.  It will help you in whatever you are going through in life.

DAD Happy Birthday on Friday!  Wish I could be there for it!  And then DC on Sunday?  You're livin the life!  You all should save and come pick me up in Brazil.  You guys would absolutely love it here!

About the package, put lots of candy in it so it looks like a care package.  And also, you might want to send it to the mission home in case it doesn't make it here before I leave on November 6th.  Cuz if they get it here at the MTC and I'm not here, they won't forward it to me.  They only forward letters.  So SEND THE PACKAGE TO MY MISSION HOME :)  and I'll get it when I get to Floripa!  You guys are the best!  I miss you all like crazy and I pray for you every day.  I love you all!

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment