Saturday, October 20, 2012

Letter from Landon - October 16, 2012


FAMILY!!!  I have been gone for 6 weeks.... how crazy is that???  It is inasane!  I only have three weeks left here so I'm trying to make the most of it.  I am definitely ready for Florianopolis.  I just want to get out and teach real people and bring the gospel to so many souls out there.  Or just one.  Whoever is lookiing for the gospel, I'll bring it to them.  The language is coming along, but it is pretty tough.  I am trying to study it hard.  I practice a lot with all my Brasilian friends.  It definitely helps a lot. 

Today, Elder Naugle got very sick, so we were unable to go to the temple.  I was very understanding tho, cuz he had a bad upset stomach.  So this morning, he rested up a lot and got some medicine.  While he rested, I read my patriarchal blessing and also the Book of Mormon a lot.  First off, I love my Patriarchal Blessing.  I read it often, and it is so crazy how new things still stick out to me each time!  And how things relate to me now, that didn't a week ago.  All of you read yours this week.  They are awesome!  Also, if you guys aren't already, READ the Book Of Mormon.  I LOVE THIS BOOK! haha.  It has blessed my life immensely out here.  From reading the BOM everyday, I have become stronger to fight off discouragement and temptation of every kind.  This brings me a lot of strength, and I know it will help you all in your everyday lives too.  So try to read every day, even if it is one verse or one chapter.  It will bless your life more than you could ever imagine.  Also, try to have family prayer every night.  I know that will keep bringing you guys closer.  I love reading about how much you guys do as a family.  Our family was extremely close before I left, but it seems to have doubled in the last month.  So keep it up!

We have a fireside every Sunday, and we had a speaker come named Elder Scadden.  He gave such a great talk.  It was exactly what I needed.  He talked about the ten things you need to become a good missionary.  It wasn't necessarily the things he said, but the spirit I felt there was great!  I love the spirit I feel here.  I've learned that you have to invite the spirit into your life always, and I do that best by staying positive and finding joy.  Sometimes it feels like a prison here, haha, but I know that as I make the most of it and keep going forth with a good attitude, that will become natural to me.  I love all the experiences I have had out here and the great people that I have met.  I look forward to all the great experiences to come in FLORIPA!!!

Mom & Dad- hopefully the package will come.  If it comes after I leave tho, they won't forward it to me and they'll have to send it back home.  So hopefully it comes in time.  I'm praying that it will.  And also, I have music on my jumpdrive, but no speakers.  They sell a little portable speaker for 30 reais.  Can I get one?  Also, I'm a little low on cash, cuz for Austin and Hayden's gift I have to use cash, so make sure my bank account looks good. haha just teasin, but I do need a little bit In there that I can take out for emergencies.  I'm trying to budget my money as best as possible.

Dad I am so jealous you are in DC!!  One of my favorite Elder's here is from DC so I told him all of our family stories in DC.  And Happy Birthday again!!!  Wish I could have been there for it!  Scissors!

Hayden!  Keep bein nice to all those kids at school!  Don't put any soap in their drinks like your borther did ;)  and keep up the great work with soccer.  WORK HARD every practice and every game!

Austin!  Congrats on another goal!!!!!  Goodness you sound like you are doing great!  Keep killin' it on the soccer field!  And you got asked to the dance?  You are a stud man!!  I know that you'll have a blast! 

I love you all!!  And I love Lauren and Cody too!  Not too much happened this week, but I am doing great!  Sorry I can't reply to all the questions!  30 minutes is soooo short.  I love you all and tell Morg I love her too!  Thank you for all of your support!  I am so grateful for all of you!

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment