Monday, January 14, 2013

January 7, 2013


FAMILY!!!!  That seemed like a quick week!  I feel like I talked to you guys just yesterday! haha.  I miss you guys like crazy!  I am glad that everyone is doing good at home.  I am sorry about all the sickness.  That stinks!  There is no way to catch a cold here cuz it is so dang hot! haha.  Keep reading the Book of Mormon each day!  I started again, and I am almost through 2nd Nephi.  It has been such a blessing in my life.  I really do love this book.  So keep reading everyday!!!

This week was kinda a regrouping week for us.  Everyone was gone from all the holidays, so this week we had to find new people to teach.  We spent a lot of our time clapping doors here.  I actually kinda enjoy it.  We met a lot of people.  A lot of people are set on their own religion, but thank us for our service.  Others make eye contact with us through the window, and then hide and never come out!  haha.  But we were able to find some people who were interested in hearing about the gospel, and this week we have appointments everyday to teach people.  We set up 4 different families to begin teaching this week.  I hope everything goes well with them.

This week we met with Leblum and Ajona again.  We got there, and there friend Marcelo was there.  They are all from Haiti.  Leblum and Ajona werent too interested, but Marcelo was.  We read a little out of the Book of Mormon with them, and then invited them to church.  Leblum and Ajona had their church at the same time, so they said no.  But Marcelo told us that he would come to church.  Sunday rolled around, and we met him in front of his house at 8:15.  We turned the corner of his street, and there he was standing in front of his house in a button up shirt with the Book of Mormon in his hand.  Church was great!  He is a very quiet guy, but I think that he enjoyed it.  I talked to him a lot, and got to know him better.  All the members were very welcoming too.  He is a really nice guy!  We meet with him, Leblum and Ajona again tomorrow, and I am super stoked about it!

We had a lot of appointments fall through this week.  Kinda crappy, but it happens.  I am hopin that this week all the appointments will follow through and that they will enjoy our lessons.  Also, we meet with Francisco and Louisa tonight again.  We couldnt meet with them last week cuz they were out of town.  I am excited to teach them.  They went to the temple last week, so we will get to talk about that experience for them too.

I really love Itajai.  All the members here are great!  We have made a lot of new friends.  I am very excited for the busy week that we have ahead of us.  I will be praying that things follow through and we will be able to teach the people that we need to teach.  I love you all and I miss you guys like crazy!!!  Tell Morgan that I love her too!  Good luck to everyone starting school again, and mom, be safe and have fun in vegas!  I love you all and I will talk to you in a week!

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment