Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 27, 2013

FAMILY!!!!  How are you all doin??  I cant believe Austins team made it to the finals!!!  I am so proud of him!  He made it farther than I ever did! haha.  This week was a lot better.  We are trying to find more people to teach, which is tough, but we have found some great families who are interested in hearing our message.

We taught Selmira and her family this week.  We read a little in the BOM with them and also it was Juliannas birthday this week so they had a surprise party for her and invited us.  It was a lot of fun.  They are a great family!  We have talked to them about baptism and we are planning it for 22nd of June to work around Selmiras work schedule and also to take care of everything with the Word of Wisdom.  Selmira didnt make it to church yesterdy but Julianna and Karina (her daughters) both came which was really cool!  We will meet with them again this week.

We also taught Preta and her family.  We taught them the Plan of Salvation.  We had Carvalho and Lima teach it so they could have good practice cuz they are both new on the mission.  They taught it really well and then I stepped in when they were talking about the Celestial Kingdom.  I had everyone close their eyes and think of the people that they want to live with for eternity.  We all sat there for a minute with our eyes closed.  The spirit came and was really strong.  I had everyone open their eyes and I bore my testimony about eternal families.  There was such a great spirit in the room.  It was a great lesson!  Sunday rolled around and Preta and her two daughters came to church.  We will visit them again this week.

We met some new people this week who we marked to visit.  Also, I am starting another English class here so be ready for some more pranks on my students ;) haha.  I am excited to start it up.  It will be Wednesday and Saturday every week at the chapel.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week!  Tell Morg that I love her too!  I will talk to you guys on Monday.

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment