Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3, 2013

FAMILY!!!!  How the heck are you all doin??  Miss you guys like crazy!!!  This week was a good one!  We met a super cool family.  The grandma is named Lucia and she is raising 5 grandkids between the ages of 6 and 13.  She had some of her kids pass away and that is why she took in the grandkids.  We taught the first lesson and it went great!  We then visited them again on Saturday and read 3 Nephi 11 with them and taught them about baptism.  It was really cool!  We joked around a lot with the kids.  They are such a great family!  One boy is named Eduardo and he is six years old.  He had a loose tooth and we told him that if he let us pull it out, the tooth fairy would give him $100. haha I think Lucia was nervous that he would actually let us pull it.  He got a super serious face and almost pulled it out himself! hahah but we had him stop!  It was super funny!  Great family!  They will be coming to church this Sunday.

Also this last week we got stopped by a guy who told us that he read the Book of Mormon and that it was all a lie.  He said that Joseph Smith was all a lie and all the stories about him never happened.  haha it was actually pretty funny all the crap he was saying.  We tried to bear testimony but he kept cutting us off and saying that it was all a lie.  It helped me realize how true everything really is.  It was a cool experience.  We also had another night where a super drunk guy got in my face and told me that the church is wrong too! haha not gonna lie, I started laughing in his face because of the dumb things he was saying and cuz of his bad breath! haha it was great!

We have a lot of good things planned for this week.  Eddy is making me some English invites there in Itajai and will bring them to me this week probably.  I think that we will start English class next week.  I am excited to get it going again, but I am hoping that we can make it as fun as we did in Itajai.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week!!  Tell Morg that I love her too!  I will talk to you all again on Monday.  Crazy that tomorrow is my 9 month mark!!!

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment