Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25, 2013


FAMILY!!!!  How are you all doin??  It sounds like it was a good week at home!  This week was really good!  I was able to adjust really fast to Curitibanos.  It is a small town, and it feels like a different country than Itajai!  haha it is pretty crazy!!  It reminds me of Richfield with a lot of farmers and a small town feel.  I am starting to like it though!

We have a few investigators that they have been teaching here for a little while.  Also, there are about 600 to 700 members here, but only 60 to 70 are active.  So this week we got a list of all the names of the ward members and cut them individually and put them into a notebook separated by neighborhoods.  We are working with a lot of these names to try to help re-activate, as well as find new people to teach.  We worked a couple days already with this notebook and we were able to teach a lot of lessons.  It went great!

Tonight, we are meeting with this kid named Leanderson.  He is a great kid!  He is about 16 years old and lives on his own.  His parents have drug problems and abandoned him.  It is a super sad story.  He has been coming to church for three weeks in a row now, so I think we will talk to him about baptism and see how that goes.  I am excited to meet with him!  

I am still getting the area down, so I will have more to talk about next week.  I am starting to like it here though!  It is really different, but it is cool to experience a different type of city like Curitibanos!  I love you all and I hope you have a great week!!!  I will write more next week, once I get the hang of everything here.  Tell Morg that I love her too!!

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment