Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013

 FAMILY!!!!  Today is my sixth month mark and I cant believe it!!  It has gone by pretty fast looking back!  This week was a great one!  Me and Elder Hunt are really working well together and we have a lot of fun. Oh yeah, and I am staying in ITAJAI!!!!  :)

So last Sunday, (not yesterday, but the sunday before) this girl named Lilian and her little sister Beatriz showed up to church.  We talked to them and Lilian said that she saw the plaque in front of the church that said "Meetings 9 AM" and decided to come.  We met with her on Tuesday and we taught her the first lesson.  When we got there, her mom told us how she wanted to join our church.  At the end of the lesson, she accepted baptism, and we marked it for this Saturday the 9th!  I am so excited for her.  She has a strong testimony already.  She said that she had visited a lot of churches in her life, but this one she felt different at.  She came to church again yesterday, and then we taught her about the commandments.  It went great!  She is ready for baptism.  We will meet with her one more time this week before the baptism on Saturday.  I am super excited.

So there is a member in our ward, and his wife isnt a member, and neither is his son.  His son is 12 years old, and told his dad he wanted to be baptized the day after his birthday, which is this Saturday as well.  His name is Gabriel, and he is a great kid!  His mom, who is a non-member, gave him a list of things he had to do before she would let him be baptized, and he got everything done and got her permission.  We are gonna finish teaching him this week too before the baptism on Saturday!

We are also teaching Rafaela and Peter.  Peter has been a member for a while but Rafaela isnt.  Right now they are working on their marriage paperwork, because she is ready to be baptized.  They are such awesome people!  They had their wedding planned for April 20th, cuz it takes a while for the paperwork, but I told them that I would probably leave before then.  So they switched the date to the 13th of April so I can be here for the wedding!  I am super excited for them!!  They are also making plans for a year after Rafaela's baptism to be sealed in the temple as a family.  

This week was a good one and I am excited to stay a little longer in Itajai!  Also, I am proud of you Aust for making the team!!!!  I love you all and tell Morg that I love her too.  That is awesome that she came and visited you guys this week!!!  Have a great week :)

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment