Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013

FAMILY!!!!!  How are you all doin???  Sounds like you all had a great week with the trip and everything!!!  Im glad that the boys had such a great time!!!  This week was a pretty good one.  I got to know the area a lot this week, cuz my companion from here already got transfered.  I am going to train a new missionary and I think it should be an American.  I sure hope so cuz I think it would be really fun to train an American.  My new comp will get here on Wednesday.  We live in four here in one of the nicest apartments on the mission.  Thats pretty cool!!!  Joaçaba is full of hills and has been cold this last week.  It has rained pretty hard and the other night I got home and I was soaked head to toe! haha but we are doing good here!

So we have a baptism marked for a girl named Simone on the 24th of this month.  We are also going to start teaching her friend Gabriella who has already come to church 2 times with her.  Thats pretty cool!  We also started teaching an older man named João (John in English).  He is the dad of a member here.  We taught him the first lesson and also read 3rd Nephi 11 with him.  It went pretty good.  He has been to church a bunch, we just need to get him to pray about the BOM to know that it is true.

So the members here are really cool too.  This Sunday we had a meeting with the leaders of all the organizations.  I presented a plan about using the pass along cards with a stamp on the back that has our phone number and the church's address.  Then we will enter in each organization every Sunday and give 2 people a pass along card that they have to give to a friend that week.  Then the next week they have to report to everyone how their experience was.  All of them accepted the plan and are excited to help out with the missionary work.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week!!!  Tell Morg that I love her too!  Next week I will let you know all about my new comp and everything!!!

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment