Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 5, 2013

FAMILY!!!!  How are you guys doing???  So I got transfered this week... hahah I am in a new city called Joaçaba and I got called as District Leader here.  I am pretty excited about it.  I left Biguaçu on friday and after a 7 hour bus ride, I got to Joaçaba at 1 in the morning on Saturday! haha.  I got to meet all the members at church.  It is also a branch here.  I live with four elders in total.  My companion is named Elder Guimarães and is a cool kid from northern brasil!  Also, Joaçaba is in the middle of the state and is full of hills! haha it sucks climbin all the hills, but I will get used to it.  I was sad to leave some of the people in Biguaçu, but I am excited for whats ahead of me here.

On saturday we visited this couple Silva and Pablo for the first time and it turned out to be an awesome experience.  We went to there house and decided to teach them the first lesson, which is about the Restoration of the gospel.  We started off talking about prophets and then about Christs life.  Then I started talking about the life of Joseph Smith.  When I began to recite the first vision, the spirit filled the room.  As I was reciting it, Silva eyes filled with tears.  The spirit was so strong that I was fighting back my own tears! haha.  The first vision ended and we continued the lesson and I was speakin better portuguese than ever.  The spirit was really strong and it went great.  I dont know if they will get baptized, but I know they will always remember the way that they felt during the message.

We had 5 investigators in church as well, so we will have a good amount of people to teach.  A few of these investigators are preparing for baptism so I am excited about that.  I love you all and I hope that you great week!  Tell Morg that I love her too!  Aust, have a great time at EFY!  Haydz and dad have a great time in Nauvoo!  I love you all!!!

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment