Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013

FAMILY!!!!  I hope that you all had a great week!!!  My week was a really good one!  We have some awesome investigators and we are stoked for the next transfer.  The transfer is today and me and Burton will be staying together for another transfer!  I am stoked about it!!!

So last Sunday this couple randomly went to church.  They used to go a lot a few months ago, then stopped, but then decided they wanted to come back.  There names are Anderson and Maiara.  Well they invited us to eat lunch with them yesterday and so we went.  Also, Alex and his family from the ward went.  We had a churrasco (Brasilian BBQ) and it was fantastic!  Then we taught them the first lesson and invited them to be baptized.  They really want to be baptized and they kept asking what they need to do to be baptized.  We told them that they will have to get married, cuz they are living together.  I really think they will get married and get baptized.  They are great people.  After lunch, we all went to church together.  Anderson went in a freakin suit!  haha it was awesome!  I think that is the first time on my mission that my investigator has gone to church in a suit.

We are also teaching these two twins named Eduarda and Elaina. They are 15 years old.  They came to church for the second time yesterday.  They really enjoyed it.  They have both commented multiple times that they want to be baptized, so we will probably plan it for October 12th.  We are hoping that everything goes as planned.

We are still teaching Antonio and Sirlei.  We will go visit them again this week and teach them the rest of the commandments.  I am hopin that we will be able to baptize Sirlei this transfer too.  She said that she knows the BOM is true, but wants to learn more before being baptized.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week!!!  Conference is coming up and you all better make time to watch some of it!!!  I love you!!!

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment